Wednesday, September 18, 2013

INTRO

At one point I decided it would be fun to document some cooking projects I did online, and in connection with a really silly series of attempts at dating women in my faith that eventually devolved into paragraphs with subtly misogynist overtones.  Then I watched a lot of Food Network and realized that 1) most of my cooking ideas came from stuff people had already documented exhaustively, and 2) there is not a lot of uniqueness about an angsty, sexually frustrated, LDS male in Utah.

I gave up on what people call the "blogosphere" because I didn't have something unique enough to offer in a meta-world consisting mostly of pre-digested information (piles and piles of digital poopies).

Then life happened.  I had some fun educational experiences in faraway places and had some very uniquely hilarious relationship experiences.  I got a salaried job.  I met somebody I really, really liked.  I didn't just fall in love with her, or become infatuated.  As a person she was both fascinating and irresistible.

I wish I could give more specific details about how we eventually married, but this is an anonymous blog, and those details are so well known, it would cease to be anonymous once that happened.

All that said, this is a blog about a straight man in a mixed-orientation marriage, that is, my wife is gay.  I knew it almost a year before we were married, and she was open about it from the start.  We're members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ("Mormons" or "LDS" for short).

Why did we get married?  Are we naïve?  Was one of us horny and the other one just seeking to satisfy an obligation she felt to God?  That's what we hear a lot about people in mixed-orientation marriages (hereafter "MOMs").  The assumptions don't even begin to describe our experience.

I think this blog is going to be extremely unique and PACKED with drama.  I hope it will also shed some light on some not-so-obvious parts of life for people who would identify as LGBTQI or those close to them.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for starting this blog! I used to follow a bunch of MOM marriages starting in 2006, but most of those marriages fell apart. I am hoping to see more successful MOM couples share their experiences! I don't have anything against divorcing necessarily -- I'm divorced myself. I am just holding out the hope for MOM couples and wish them the best!

    ReplyDelete